Been Zang Toi-ed?

Received invitation recently to the greatest fashion show ever, Zang Toi's Fall & Resort Collections aka Adirondacks besides MIFA 2008! The invitation is from Robinsons itself, inviting selected lucky people like me to join the amazing charity fashion show! I'm so blessed! =) Why? Because the tickets is free of charge! And it's based on first come first serve where there are only few limited hot seats! I was kinda last minute decision because I do not who to bring and who is free to follow me, as my dear, he can't go out on weekdays... At the end, I bring along my younger bro, Jason. (lucky him!) =( I oni RSVP on one day before the real day! So dangerous huh?! Well, I bliv in luck... If no more seats, it's ok, I wont go then... Lucky me, Stephanie of Robinsons told me there is still few seats left! Then I quickly told her tat me and bro are attending the 'Zang Toi New York Cocktails and Fashion Show'! And told her that I'll be collecting my invitation cards on that day itself as I can't drop by at Gardens yesterday. (was busy wif college's assignments!-it's killing me!-need to get a lil' rest!) But in return of my good deed, my bro, Jason treat me Kim Gary. So nice of him! Hehe...

Well, basically, the fact is that
the Zang Toi New York fashion show happened at Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur (not in Robinsons) in associated stage this charity fashion extravaganza on today, which is 17th July 2008 at the Grand Mahkota Ballroom, Lower Lobby Level.

Events of the day at Hotel Istana

And the theme if the show is called as Adirondacks aka Zang Toi's Fall & Resort Collections, which feature a winter outlook for the runway and ballroom.

The flyer

Seating plan is like theater style following buyers' show concept that can accommodate from a min of 500 guests to a maximum of 1200 guests. And the pricing of the seating plan is front row, RM 220, while back row is for RM110 and while RM60 for standing. Gosh! While me and my bro seats was at the third row where the price is actually RM110 each but we got it for FREE! So lucky hor?!
Thanks to Robinsons! Muackx! =)

Co-sponsor by Robinsons

The programme for the evening were include live musical entertainment by reowned local artiste, Zainal Abidin and auction of some of the designer's item courtesy of Zang Toi.
Proceeds from the fund raised will be pledged to three charity organizations, which are National Cancer Society of Malaysia (NCSM) and PAWs (Animal Welfare Society) and while in USA, Lance Armstrong Foundation, US. The obejective of supporting recipients in different parts of the world is simply to showcase how the fashion industry can go beyond countries' borders as all work together to improve the quality of life.
The Cocktail Reception is held from 6.30pm at the Ballroom Foyer serving us with Zang Toi's very own Tea Punch and Canapes. And guess wat time both me and my bro reach? It's 6pm! Darn early rite? Hehe... My bf drop us down at Bukit Bintang area and right after that, me and my bro find food to eat. And that's when he treat me Kim Gary! *evil laugh

My cheese baked chicken rice set without the cheese baked chicken rice!

After the lunch, we went straight to get our invitation cards from the Hotel Istana itself and we arrive the earliest! 6pm! O.O Meet up with Aerix, where he then passes us the invitation card.

The invitation cards (front)

The invitation cards (back)

We were as early as the press media where we saw a lot of photographer snappin pictures of the heels and items that is being auction. Me too, don't want to waste any of these opportunity and snap few pictures of the heels and many other items as the heels are so nice and attracting! I even get to try on a few pairs of it after the photography session has ended. Well, I noe I can't afford to buy one of those heels, but I can't resist to try it on! I kept thinking why not try those lovely heels since the friendly staffs over there offer me to try it on! (I tink they saw my saliva drippin, eyes were shiny and watery as I was looking at those heels!) ~so paiseh!
During the middle of taking photos, another corner, both me and my bro saw Zang Toi! He was being interviewed by the press. According to him, every year for his fashion show, he'll wear a black skirt and a black simple baby T which were created by him before the fashion show starts.

Zang Toi at the press conference

Zang Toi being interviewed

The heels that are made from phyton's skin

Back view from the phyton's skin heels

The heels

More heels! =)

And heels again. ;)

And more lovely heels!

Zainal Abidin T-shirt

Autographed by Zang Toi designer book

Their poster

Cute in baby blue heel's box that says 'Save a stray, adopt a pet'

The lightings

The ice carved into a logo of star

Embeded inside the ice was a small lil' bicycle

We were the fisrt few guests that arrive so early!

A menu for those who prefer other drinks than fruit punch (need to pay wan la of coz!)

After all those drama, off we go to find the seats while waiting for the fruit punch drink and bites that will be served later on around 7pm. At the end, we were told that the fashion show only starts at 9pm! Gosh, 2 more hours to go! It's so freaking long! More and more arrive as it's getting dark outside. We sit at one place... Sometimes, I wish I can go to tis kind of events with lots of frens instead of one. Kesian both of us as we do not noe anyone over there and others too, do not noe us and others... Btw, many celebrities and rich people (of coz) was there! But I can't remember all of those names. And there is even one more person that is more 'geng'! An old wheelchair man which were accompanied by his wife (where her 'chair' can be folded to bcum a 'walking stick' aka 'tongkat'... They oso wanna cum, how can I miss this event rite?! =p

More guests were seen around 7.30pm

The Tea Punch

Look at him, both hands holdin foods and drinks! =)

Me wif Canapes aka tit-bits

Canapes

Me and my bro, Jason camwhoring

Those pretty gurls are from Simone's model

Ok, cut the sad part and fast forward it to the most awaiting nite! The fashion show! Our invitation cards hav numbers behind, indicating seat's number for us, so there will not be anyone sittin on our seats! We were bein lead by the friendly Zang Toi's staff to our seats. The seats location is nice, where the scene is juz bside the photograhers section towards the end! No complaints as it's consider as RM110 for the seats each! I even saw few 'kesian' tall and pretty Simone's models standing behind instead of sittin down (RM60 each!) Kesian hor! Wear so nice and pretty but only end up standing... =p

1st row was actually for press but since tis is for charity, the seat is for guests who paid RM220!

While us, is at the third row (behind the press)

The view from the photograhy section

The guests

During the fashion show, I oso took the opportunity to snap few pictures. And at the end of it, I juz got one word to describe tis amazing nite, it was MAGNICIFENT! A hit! The feel, I felt lik I'm at New York City attending those International Fashion Show! Juz lik the one in Hollywood and you got invited! And I just wanted to say again that I'm SO LUCKY! Hehe! Wohooo! The fashion show roxx! The music and the sound effects were awesome! The models were looking hot and great! The stage is long and 'cun'! Zainal was great, singing those oldies that I actually hear before!

Great performance by Zainal Abidin

Zainal in action

Zainal started the fashion show by singing

The runway stage

Us, enjoyin ourselves! >.<

Zang Toi wif his creations

Zang Toi and Zainal Abidin, together with the models

At the end of the fashion show, we can even get the opportunity to snap pictures wif the him! ZANG TOI himself! (This is what I hav been hopin and waitin for!) ~Tis juz make me waited for two hours juz now is juz worth it! I'm sorry but I hav to say it again that I'm SO LUCKY! Gosh, dunno how many 'lucky' that I had mentioned over tis blog! Then, both me and my bro even took a picture with Zainal Abidin himself individually! (by asking his wife permission first!) =p

Everyone was rushin to the front stage to snap pict wif Zang Toi

The lucky first guest

Us wif Zang Toi excludin hot models

This pict were snapped by pro-photographer usin his SLR camera

Not to miss out, me wif Zainal Abidin

Zainal wif my bro, Jason

Models were being called back although they hav already change & ready to go hum.

This model din actually get to walk the whole entire stage.
She oni manage to walk 1/4 stage then U-Turn. Y?
Because the whole dress is heavy! It's made out of beads!

The stage

Me and my bro, Jason on the stage

The banner outside Hotel Istana

Summary of my haapy nite!

Lucky us again that dad n mom came over to fetch us hum! Or else I'll hav to take LRT hum wif my high heels! I felt so great and lucky! Oops, 'lucky' again! Haha! I really wish my another bro, Alex and my dear was there wif us! Nex time maybe! There will be another chance I believe! Cause' good luck doesnt come once only! =)
Signing off~

Comments

Popular Posts