Mooncake Festival

Happy Mooncake aka Lantern festival everybody! =D
As usual, if there is any celebration, my house will usually be the main house where all my family members able to gather up together and hav 'grand' dinner together... My 'grand' dinner is where all the foods are most prepared by my grandma with help of my mom and all my aunties. Me? Help? Hmm, dun tink so... I only wash their dishes after eatin la... Is tat consider helpin? =p I help to eat and finish up then got la... Hehe! =p

My 'grand' dishes made by grandma! Lovin' it!

'Grand' dinner usually comes wif soup
It's 'ling ngau' soup!

Well, this year, we don't hav much mooncake fest. feel tat much compare to those years when i was a kid, mayb bcoz since most of us hav grown up, we din really care to even hav a lantern o candles to play o not... But surprisingly, my house do hav old well-kept candles (last time candles that we din get to finish up and unused bday candles) and even mooncakes container is lik a shape of a lantern! And since there is only a small boi in my family, my cousin, therefore, we try to bring up the feel and the mood back, although we dont hav any 'cun' lanterns or colourful candles! ;p

All old and unused colourful and bday candles!

This lantern is actually a box that contains mooncakes

See, we don't even hav a place to put candle!
We put it on bricks,

on my mom's plant vases,

and even on egg tray! (but it got burnt at the end!)

See, not bad rite? Do you feel the mooncakes fest feel?

Worshiping the god

It's my family tradition to eat mooncakes and tea
under the moonlight outside my house

Everyone like to be wif my cousin, Chee Keong

Chee Keong is so cute~
A very hyperactive and energetic boi!

After prayin and worshipin, we eat up all the mooncakes and those 'kelawar' o bat look alike foods (which I do not eat!) and drink chinese tea, while lookin upright on the moon. =) Beautiful~

Well, I muz say this again, Happy Mooncakes Festival everyone! ;)
Enjoy ur all flava mooncakes! =)

Signin off! Ciao~

Comments

Popular Posts