One more day to Earth Hour!

Ahhhhh~ I'm so excited! Few more hours and it's Earth Hour!

60 Earth Hour

What its all about?!
Well, it’s as simple as a flick of the switch.

Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start!

What began as a campaign to get Sydneysiders to turn their lights off, has grown to become one of the world’s biggest climate change initiatives. In 2009, at 8.30pm on March 28, people around the world will turn their lights off for one hour – Earth Hour. We’re aiming to reach one billion people, more than 1000 cities, all joining together in a global effort to show that its possible to take action on global warming.

Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia with 2.2 million homes and businesses turning their lights off for one hour. Only a year later and this event had become a global sustainability movement with up to 50 million people across 35 countries participating. Global landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Rome’s Colosseum and the Coca Cola billboard in Times Square, all stood in darkness, as symbols of hope for a cause that grows more urgent by the hour.

Earth Hour 2009 is a global call to action to every individual, every business and every community. A call to stand up, to take responsibility and to get involved in working towards a sustainable future. Iconic buildings and landmarks from Europe to The Americas will stand in darkness. People across the world will turn off their lights and join together in creating the vital conversation about the future of our precious planet.

Earth Hour is a message of hope and a message of action. Everyone can make a difference.

Sign up and pledge your support at http://earthhour.org/malaysia everyone!
Take action now and witness your world in a whole new lights!

You can watch more at

here, here, here and here! (in YouTube form!I was too lazy to wait for it to load la! =p) Trust me, those videos are very nice and touchin bout other countries that had ad been practising this for last two years...

and do read more about it at

here.


Take action now



Show your support at http://earthhour.org/malaysia!!! Come on and sign up! =)
Align Center
And try this is u happen to hav a webcam! =D Trust me, it's fun!

For example, below are all the pictures taken by me! U actually nid to download the specific numbered 60 given from the website but unfortunately, I dun hav a printer, so I decided to juz draw on a small piece of A4 paper and *wala*, IT WORKS! =)
So,enjoy all my pictures! La la la la la~ I'm a poser~

See? Juz simply colour and shape
number of 60 into a small piece of paper!
Then simply juz put onto ur palm...

Then, wait until the earth appear... Try to adjust it...
It's will actually appear on n off blinkin for few sec...

There, me kissing the earth!

Hehe! See, they even show u the
countdown time from ur own country!

Ya, this is me after tired of puttin it onto my palm!
Kinda tired lo actually! =p

Then, here is me thinkin what shud I pose wif this earth?!

Shud I juz try to catch it?

O shud I juz lik see my future juz by touchin it?

Or shud I be a Godzilla, tryin to eat up the world?

Oh well, at the end, I juz leave it thr rotatin
while I take my ownself pict wif 'V'! =p

Haha... so wanna close my site hor afta seeing so many pictures of me posing wif fake 3-D effect globe?! =p But still I wanna show ar! Blekz!
Oh and ya, please come and join me and many more celebrities and humans at CapSquare KL from 8.30pm-9.30pm for 'Walk of Hope' wif candles durin Earth Hour!! (Imagine that!) Well, by juz payin RM10 to do charity, u'll basically get a very cool limited edition Earth Hour-Tee and together wif Melinda Looi's very own recycle bag! Or u can even join us without actually payin! And *psst*, I heard there will be many stalls lik bazaar over thr, cheerladin cheerin in the dark, Starbucks' havin 20% durin that 1 hours time and well, OIAM finalist will be there of coz! So, hurry up n go thr by at least 6pm! For more info, pls click here!


So, please do come and join me! =D
Happy Earth Hour Day! =)

Ciao! Signin off now~ Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts