Pre-production stage of "Scented Memory"

13/6/09
Durin my 2nd year of 1st sem this year, it's known as the busiest sem of all coz it involves all sorts of productions! Music video prod, short film prod, documentary prod, news prod, short interview prod and etc! See, so many productions rite? And all dateline is almost near to one another! see la, they really tink we're robot! No time to even breathe! Und and get wat I mean?! But luckily, all went well and I managed to pass all the subjects, but juz last assignments created some uncomfortable bonding between us, the crews n clashed of ideas... *aih* sad...

Anyways, just skip all of those and now, I'm gonna share my experience of how my short film assignment are produced! =)

First of foremost, of coz deciding wat name is our prod company... We then chooses to named our company, "Creative Visuals Production". Dont ask me why but it sounds ok wert! rite? =p

Then, we sketched out our ideas/outline of our short film where this includes some drawings, storyline, characters, locations, budgets and crews' job allocation. And I somehow voted to become a Casting Director and Asst. Scriptwriter for Pre-Production stage and Photographer for Production stage.

"Pre-production is the planning stage of your shoot, and occus before the camera starts rolling. By creating storyboards, scouting locations, and figuring out the budget ahead of time, your production will be free of unnecessay worry."
Therefore, my group and Mei Lin's group decided to put up the notices around our colleges just to find the right casts for our short film since it's recommended not to use any of the crews as a cast. One day before that, we wrote notices in all of block V classes after 6pm class ended. And we even post notices on our fb! Thanks to the latest technology~ =D

TALENT CASTING FOR FINAL YEAR SHORT FILM PROJECT

--- MALES & FEMALES BETWEEN 17 - 30 YEARS OLD

VENUE : TARC SSSH BLOCK V GROUND FLOOR -VIDEO LAB.

DATE & TIME: 9AM - 3:30PM (11/6/2009) , 9AM - 5PM (12/6/2009).

ALL ARE WELCOME FOR CASTING! WHO KNOWS, YOU MIGHT BE THE
NEXT SHINNING STAR THAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR! ^-^


Then nex day, surprisingly, many turns up! Which is actually a good news to us! =) And below here are the snippets of what happen between the two days of talent casting! We enjoyed ourselves although there some 'problems' in between and it's a super tiring job...(I cant imagine how tiring are those American Idol audition! So many ppl! Salute those crews!) Coz it's never an easy job wei! And my responsibility was kinda heavy! Why? Coz if I pick wrong person n unsuitable talents for my short film, then I 'jia lak' lor! Und?! Whole team gonna put n throw all the blame on me!!!
Anyways, enjoy seeing the pictures below lo~

Camera-testing; 1,2,3... =p

We were so happy to see so many ppl turns up for casting! =)

The 1st person! He's daring! =)
Even my director was there to help him out! LoL~

This is the another group I'm talkin about...
They look kinda serious over here &
I somehow interrupted them! Oops~ =p

See la this two 'kepoh' guy!
They say they nid casts for their 'Blue Star Production'
company oso wor... swt~

And here are some of the pictures of us relaxin while waitin for ppl to cast! =p We did make a very good use of our own "Production Slate" board! =p

The consequences of comin late! =p

We tried to tell everyone he's indeed beautiful, but...
kinda fail anyway...

Telling everyone it's a tree?! LoL~

wth?!

Apple and April Pang
{Director and Casting Director}

Chicken, Human and Technician

Juniors are becomin more rude and notti~

I tink it's him oni la... LoL~

Cant resist... too many smelly shoes outside the audio lab!

Me as Lil Ms Fun! Yippie~

"Greetings Earthlings! I'm one-eyed man!"

And we had McD as our quick brunch due to shortage of time! We then decided to order thru Mc-Gan-Delivery! =p Thanks Gan, who came all the way back to visit us and visited us on the right time, right day! :p

The crews wif Gan who went 'tah pao' McD for us! ;D

Ya, I luve breakin rules! *shh* =p

And last but not least, we all confessed
that most of us are addicted to Pet Society in fb!
Darn stress when we cant log in & play! Dun bliv?!
C'mon, look at our 'sad' face! :p

And after the casting was done, it's then the step of choosing the casts that me and the director, Apple wanted and think it's suitable for our short film genre... P/S: We doesnt put high hope in findin the best talents coz most of them hav no experience in acting, n they are just our juniors who were tryin to gain experiences and not all are fluent in English but are able to act perfectly.
Below here are some scenes I captured from interviewin the talents' session... And the results of the casting day, more girls joined in for casting than the guys~

The guy that I choose for my short film coz
not much of potential guy came in for the audition...

Kelvin Gan from DBC1
[FYI, DBC= Dip. in B/casting]

The gurl that I tink is suitable for my short film production.
It turns out that she's actually the course rep. of DBC2.

Karen Khoo from DBC2.

And this is our 2nd gurl for our short film.
She's actually our KIV...

Yap Yee Kwan from DPR1
[FYI, DPR=Dip. In Public Relations]

And yeap, she hav experience in acting...
See her in Bausch + Lomb
ads! =)

The another gurl that I lik,
coz she got attitude and fluent in speakin...
But too bad, we cant afford to cancel
our shootin day juz bcoz of her bday... Sorry~

Leong Su Yen from DBC1

This funny 'pinky' guy is my director's favourite! LoL~
See la, action ad oso still care so much bout his hair! -_-"

Justin Mah from DBC2
[Special dedication just for Apple!]

And here are the talents me and Apple choose... According to my sir, Mr. Justin, he said we pick the right talents for our characters... Dunno true o not, or mayb juz dun wanna disappoint us oni la... =/ I noe, the guy is too young but in the story, the couple suppose to be just ard the teenager's age... Anyways, I somehow became their 'mother' coz I'm in between the talents and the crews.

My precious 'children'
[Fr left to right; Yee Kwan, Karen and Kelvin]

After done in choosin the talents... we then hav to search for the correct location for our shooting... And this is called as scouting locations... We just basically need a house! Coz all the storyboard oni involve indoor shootin... And luckily, Apple, the director are able to ask one of the 'Datuk' to lend us his house for shootin since he and his family are goin back to their hometown for 2days 1 nite! And the 'Datuk' even leave his maid for us juz incase we need anythin! So kind of them~! Thanks! =)

Scouting location for shooting...

And before the real shootin day, we gathered up the talents to test make-up colours on their skins in order to match their skin colours. Yup, our make-up artist is Siew Lai of coz! She's damn pro in all these! *salute* =) While me, helpin the Props Manager; Janet to prepare 'suitable' photos into photo frame, so that the house will look lik belongs to them~ =p

Pre-shootin day...

Well, I guess that's all I'm gonna share wif everyone bout pre-production of my short film assignment; "Scented Memory"... Next post gonna be the production stage plus all the behind the scene moments! ;D

Have a nice day ahead everyone! Cheers~ =)

Signin off now! tata! Ciao~

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts